Antique Spinning-Wheel Symposium
June 8–9, 2019
The day-and-a-half event is presented in conjunction with, and held at, the Marshfield Center for Textile Research, Lone Rock Farm, 234 Jake Martin Road, Marshfield, VT.
- Jonathan Bosworth: The Mechanical History of Spinning Wheels
- Kim Caulfield: In Search of Ancient Distaffs and Common Sense
- Florence Feldman-Wood: Patent Models of Spinning Wheels
- Gordon Moat: Canadian Spinning Wheels Made by the Row Brothers
- Krysten Morganti: Heavy Metal: The Use of Metal in Spinning Wheels
- Brenda Page: Connecticut Wheel Makers: Double-Flyers and More
- Nora Rubinstein: The Spinning Wheels of Vermont Quaker Samuel Morison
- Ronald Walter: Some Pennsylvania Spinning-Wheel Makers
There will also be discussions about collecting and restoring wheels, as well as time to study the objects in the research center’s study collection from ATHM.
The Registration fee of $150 includes lunch each day and the Saturday evening home-style cook-out (with vegetarian options). For more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three ways to register. Please choose one of the following:
- Fill out this form. You will be able to choose to pay via PayPal / credit card or to send a check.
- Fill out this PDF and attach it to the form below. You will be able to choose to pay via PayPal / credit card or to send a check.
- Print out the registration PDF, complete the form, and mail it and a check payable to The Spinning Wheel Sleuth to:
P.O. Box 422
Andover, MA 01810